Monday, August 13, 2007

The End of the Wild Ride of 2.0

Whew! I have finally reached Thing #23 - the end of Learning 2.0. It has been 10 long weeks, and I can honestly say I'm glad it's over.

When I started this program, I was excited and very enthusiastic about learning new things I didn't know how to do (but envied those who did). I enjoyed setting up a Blog and learning how to add pictures, videos, and posts. I enjoyed learning about what the Web has to offer to help create images for those of us that are creativity-challenged. I liked the ease of RSS feeds.

I accomplished Learning 2.0 by keeping to my learning goals:

1. Begin with the end in mind. From the start, I knew I had to keep plugging away at this in order to earn the prize at the end. Earning a prize is a good motivational tool.

2. Accept responsibility for my own learning. No one else was going to be able to do these tasks for me; I had to be responsible for completing them on my own, and in my own time. I worked hard to keep up and not get behind. I did, however, get behind by 2 weeks during surgery, and I have to tell you, that getting behind and trying to catch up is not a good time. It's exhausting to get back on track.

What will I take away from this? Technology is easier than I thought. Time-consuming, but do-able.

Would I participate in another Discovery Program? I would make that decision after learning what it would involve and how much time would be needed to devote to the assignments.

In closing, I want to thank The Learning 2.0 Team for putting this together. I do think it was worthwhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.